What is FSC®?
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1993 dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests and protecting them. Its mission is to ensure the management of forests responsibly and rationally, in order to protect the natural habitats and respect the rights of local communities. The organization has established the principles and criteria for forest management, according to which their management must meet the social, economic and cultural needs of the present and future generations. It is an organisation of global appreciation and recognition and the most reliable body in matters of rational forest management.
PressiousArvanitidis is the first FSC® certified company of the field in Greece.
PressiousArvanitidis received its FSC® certification in 2010, as recorded by FSC® on the database of certified members of the “FSC® Surveillance Chain”. This certification places it in the global group of leading companies, which create a shield of protection from reckless destruction of forests and the wider environment. Only those companies that belong to the “FSC® surveillance chain”, such as PressiousArvanitidis, have the right to affix the FSC® certification to printed products thus indicating their support to the highest social and environmental standards in the market. Any other collaboration with a company that does not have the relevant certification does not allow the use of the relevant marking, and for this reason is considered misleading.
More information about the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) is available at www.fsc.org.
Click here to see the PressiousArvanitidis’ FSC® Certificate.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ACCORDING TO EN ISO 9001
The company’s policy is to provide products and services that meet, to the maximum extent, the needs of the clients, the specifications and the quality requirements that have been set. The above objectives are achieved through the implementation of a Quality Management System, according to EN ISO 9001 Standard, certified by TÜV AUSTRIA. This Standard, which applies to all PressiousArvanitidis production and service processes, ensures the expected quality. In addition to the initial certification, our company has proceeded to its harmonization with the new version of ISO 9001 from 2015, as the principles of this certification are essentially linked to the daily management and operation practices of the company.
Click here to see the quality management system certificate according to EN ISO 9001.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ACCORDING TO EN ISO 14001
Since September 2009, PressiousArvanitidis has implemented the Environmental Management System according to EN ISO 14001 certified by TÜV AUSTRIA. Through this System, investments are made every year, so that the company’s activities burden the environment as little as possible.
The production processes followed for all PressiousArvanitidis products, including the print materials certified according to FSC®, as well as all the processes adopted by the company, focus on environmental protection.
- Actions aimed at reducing waste production and saving energy
- Equipment is selected whose construction is proven not to be environmentally harmful. A typical example is the new four-color flatbed printing machine acquired by our company in 2012, which has a carbon neutral certificate. This certificate practically confirms that the construction of this machine did not harm the atmosphere and the environment at all, given that after its production, the manufacturer Heidelberg Druckmaschinen AG made sure that the necessary number of O2 producing trees was planted to balance out the amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere during the construction of the engine. This action was carried out in the framework of the climate protection project “Project Togo – Reforestation in Togo, West Africa”. Click here to see the relevant certificate.
- Printing is done on state-of-the-art offset machines, which are considered the most efficient in the world, thus reducing printing time and reducing waste, chemicals and energy consumption.
- The water-based coatings used, glossy and matte, are 100% biodegradable and constitute the recommended finish.
- Soy-based inks leave minimal traces of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), resulting in more vivid printing.
- Products are placed in cartons or boxes made from recycled material and packaged using biodegradable packaging materials.
- Products are printed and shipped by proprietary means that meet the highest environmental standards.
- The implementation of environmentally friendly practices in business areas of the company is encouraged, such as in the travels or the daily life of the associates.
- Photovoltaic panels are located on the roof of the company headquarters. This green option has significant benefits, as about 10% of the energy consumed daily for coverning the operating needs of PressiousArvanitidis comes from the solar energy stored in the photovoltaic panels. The advantages of this practice are multiple, as they concern an investment that has a lifespan of more than 30 years, operate quietly, without the need for any special maintenance, do not pollute the environment and help reduce the energy derived from fossil fuels.
- Actions aimed at reducing the final waste generated
- A waste management system is adopted, through the treatment of liquid waste by two special types of machines (depending on the origin of the waste). Objective: to reduce the waste that will eventually be disposed of as hazardous. In fact, in 2018 we managed, by applying two different levels of treatment, to completely inactivate the liquid hazardous waste of the company, resulting in zero burden on the environment, regarding the liquid waste produced by our factory.
- Waste paper, other raw materials, print surfaces, packaging and water are recycled.
Click here to view the EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Certificate.
MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ACCORDING TO ISO 45001 : 2018
What is the purpose of ISO 45001?
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), accidents and work-related illnesses remain high. In addition to the negative impact on the families of those affected, this has significant costs for individual businesses and the economy as a whole. ISO 45001 is the first world standard for occupational health and safety. It provides a framework that allows all organizations – regardless of size or sector – actively to reduce workplace risk and visibly improve occupational health and well-being.
What is the content of ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 also follows the High Structure Level (HLS) to facilitate the development of an effective overall management operating system. The new standard is closely aligned with ISO 14001: 2015 in order to create the best synergies for integrated management systems. This means that extending the OH&S management system to comply with other standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 50001 is even easier and particularly beneficial in most cases. The new standard is also a new requirement for a new risk-based concept combined with a process approach. An additional aspect of the new ISO 45001 standard is the need to take into account all the people working under the responsibility of an organization (employees, office workers, supplier services, contractors). Another issue is the active integration of employees in the management system OH & S, the examination of the context of the organization, the greater responsibility of the top management, the examination of the opportunities and the systematic analysis of the main causes that give rise to the accidents.
The new standard 45001 replaces ELOT 1801, which was based on OHSAS 18001 and provides a global reference framework for organizations of the Private and Public Sector that seek to improve their performance and minimize the risk to Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) through effective prevention and protection measures.
The international standard ISO 45001 was prepared in order for the System for OSH to be compatible and integrated with other management systems, such as for quality (ELOT EN ISO 9001) or environmental management (ELOT EN ISO 14001), utilizing the approach of dealing with threats and exploitation of opportunities in the context of closer consultation with stakeholders.
Occupational health and safety, which is a global problem, occupational accidents and illnesses vary between companies and even between different locations within a business. ISO 45001 is one of the most important systems that companies from all sectors, small or large, must implement.
The main purpose of ISO 45001 is to minimize workplace safety problems, eliminate these risks, ensure business respect, corporate responsibility and maintain employee motivation, the most valuable asset of a company.
Click here to see the certificate for the management system for health and safety at work in accordance with the standard 45001: 2018
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN CONFORMANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF ISO/IEC 27001:2013
The purpose of an Information Security Management System is to describe the information and processes you intend to protect.
It can also inform the interested parties, such as stakeholders, customers, auditors, staff and top management, what specific areas of the organisation are included in the ISMS.
This system is about compliance with legal and contractual requirements and the objective is to avoid breaches of legal, statutory, regulatory or contractual oblugations related to information security and of any security requirements. This is a system proving that all information that PressiousArvanidis handles and processes are secured in all ways.
Click here to see the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification
COLOUR MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO ISO 12647-2
The international colour management standard for lithographic prints ISO 12647-2 is a certification obtained by PressiousArvanitidis in June 2013 and refers to the overall colour management of work, from the receipt of PDF Print ready files to printing. The quality of the print material produced according to the specific standard is constant and is always defined based on specific specifications, depending on the method of production. Moreover, applying this Standard achieves the best possible colour rendering in the final print result, while at the same time creates the conditions to reprint the same files in the future with the same colour accuracy.
Click here to see the ISO 12647-2 colour management certificate.
Since 2020, our company is a member of the research laboratory of Fogra, that has its seat in Germany and specialises in research and development in graphic arts. The know-how provided to us concerns issues such as:
- Basic principles and methods of compliance with international ISO standards
- Printing essays (ISO 12647-7)
- Validated prints (ISO 12647-8)
- Communication & colour measurement
- Colour control in digital printing
- Quality evaluation in digital printing
- Preparation, evaluation and control of files
Click here to see the FOGRA certificate.
PARTICIPATION IN THE SEDEX PLATFORM
PressiousArvanitidis is a member of SEDEX
From May 2012, our company, as a supplier of a large multinational company and after passing a very demanding inspection, became a member of the network of certified companies of the organization SEDEX, receiving the corresponding certification. Since then, the certification is renewed every 2 years. Currently at PressiousArvanitidis we are certified according to 4pillar SMETA and we are checked for issues related to:
- Environmental Management issues
- Business Ethics issues
- Labour issues
- Health & Safety issues
Sedex is a leading non-profit provider of supply chain consulting services. Based in London, it has more than 50,000 members, a presence in 155 countries worldwide and, thanks to its prestige, the circle of companies committed to continuously improving the ethical behaviour of their supply chain, is constantly expanding.
It now harmonises responsible traceability with modern business practices, such as sustainability, and invites businesses to seek out those partners / suppliers who adopt ethical, environmentally and community-based practices. Not only in order to protect their corporate reputation, but – above all – in order to help establish high standards of ethical practice.
The organization has created the largest collaborative platform (known as Sedex Advance) to provide information and data management in an increasingly transparent business world. Through this platform the organization promotes the concept of corporate efficiency through the adoption of its principles.
The four pillars on which the SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) certification is built and SEDEX supports the certification of its members are:
- know-how and quality control
- Hygiene and safety
- management of environmental issues
- ensuring rights and ethical rules in the work environment
PRODUCTION OF PRINT MATERIAL BEARING THE DISNEY TRADEMARK
In 2017 PressiousArvanitidis obtained the license to produce print material bearing the Walt Disney Greece trademark. The PressiousArvanitidis certification shall remain in force for the next three years and is a continuation of the first certification obtained in 2012 by SEDEX, on behalf of a large multinational company.